Saturday, August 06, 2011

Intolerant to Intolerance

Last night I went to a friend's house for a bbq. His nephew showed up after playing softball and we were all hanging out. Everything was fine and dandy until the racial slurs started rolling off his tongue like it was the ABC's. I know for a fact this guy has friends that are of different races... yet he's still dropping the words like it's nothing. I couldn't take it anymore. I told him that those words are offensive and to please stop. No one ever tells this guy no...or to stop. He kept going trying to prove his word choice but it was just making him look slimier and slimier. I just told him to stop it and not say it. I was done with it. He shut up for the rest of the night. I'm some what shocked how racist people can be and not think they are racist.

No comments: